Aromatherapy Massage involves soft, flowing massage movements using essential oils to promote a deep sense of calm & relaxation. Essential oils are naturally fragrant liquids derived from a variety of plants, leaves, seeds, flowers, fruit and barks and have healing and revitalizing properties that have been known for centuries, originating in ancient Egyptian, Chinese and Middle Eastern cultures. There are many benefits of combining massage with essential oils as it stimulates the body’s ability to rebalance and heal itself. Oils can be blended to suit the individual needs of a client and may be beneficial in easing hormonal disorders, emotional and physical stress, irregularities of the menstrual cycle, PMS, insomnia and menopausal symptoms. Aromatherapy massage offers a wonderful sensory journey to wellbeing and can be used effectively to treat a wide variety of common complaints including:
- Reduce stress related disorders
- Alleviate anxiety & depression, enhance mood
- Improve sleep and reduce fatigue
- Relieve headaches
- Ease Skin problems; acne, eczema & psoriasis
- Help to improve respiratory problems such as asthma, sinuses, hay fever.
- Pain relief
- Ease tension & muscle aches/pains
- Improvement of blood and lymph circulation
- Relief of painful menstruation
- Elimination of toxins
- Relief of digestive problems
- Strengthening the immune and nervous system
When inhaled the aroma of the essential oils is processed by the brain producing strong physiological and psychological effects. Also as massage increases heat and circulation, essential oils can be absorbed through the skin into the blood stream and by selecting different aromatherapy oils by their healing properties they can be blended to create a desired effect such as mood enhancement, mental stimulation, pain relief, relaxation, enhance sleep quality and ease of respiratory congestion. The essential oils can be used in massage and reflexology.